Sunday, October 28, 2012

Two Weeks Worth of Blogging In One Post @_@

Man, where to start? So much has happened in the past two weeks, both personally and writing-wise, that I'm seriously struggling to figure out where to start.

I guess the best place to start is the conference I went to two weeks ago. I know I already mentioned it earlier in the temporary post, so I won't go into too much detail. Just know that I had fun and that going to this conference has made me feel more energetic and alive than I have been this entire school year. So I tried to bring this enthusiasm to my club, but, there was a bit of resistance from some people. However, I think they've warmed up to the idea, making me all happy ^_^

Now, you may ask how in the heck this conference has anything to do with you and my writing (which is the reason you read my post). Well, on the way to and fro the conference, I had a limited amount of things I could do. Mostly, I had about an hour (if used correctly) with my phone, less than 1 minute on FB every three hours (because my phone has been weird lately, and says it has low battery if I use the internet for two minutes, even if it is fully charged) and about 16 hours of music. 

Guess how I entertained myself? Yup, through music. Now, my awesome friend JiffyFrose, sent me many things as a belated Birthday present.(For those of you that didn't know, my birthday was on September 6th. LycoRogue has offered to write me one story, any story of my choosing, as my present (which I still have yet to "redeem". But I wonder what I'll end up asking her to write for me :3 The person I beta for, AngelBlood666 wrote me two Legend of Zelda/Hey Arnold crossover stories, which were AWESOME. And Chopfe, my buddy, drew me a card, which I love!) 

Anyway, Jiffy sent me a CD she has named my "Super Special Awesome CD". In it, she gave me 19 tracks (because I am 19 years old) of music she either knew I liked, or songs she was sure I would like. And, of course, Gangnam Style was there too. 

So I listened to the songs from the CD she made me via music player for a while. 

There was this one song that I was obsessed with that weekend: it's called Every Heart by BoA. It's a really lovely song and the translation can be found here

I listened to this song many many times on my trip back to my college town and even fell asleep while listening to it.

Now, this song, if you read the lyrics in english, is quite poetic. It's pretty and poetic and I just couldn't stop listening to it. So much so that I hear it in my head, even if it's not playing. XD

The reason I bring this up is because, well, lately I'm not really in the mood to write fanfiction (sadly D:) unless its poetry ( :D ) So although I may put KLIYH on the backburner for now, I may continue writing "Little Pink Book" and "Little Blue Book"!!! So that's good news for the people who have been waiting well over a year (oh god. I've lagged writing poetry for almost a YEAR!?) for an update. 

Also, for my Writing: Fiction Class (because, you know, I love that class :D ) we're about to start turning in our original stories to be peer reviewed by 21 other people, while we watch and cannot say anything. I already know I'm probably going to have the most criticized story, because my writing style is weak compared to other writing styles in the class, but I have a problem greater than that. 

WHAT WILL I WRITE FOR SUBMISSION??

I have no idea what the heck I will choose. I have a few ideas, but I can't really decide...

Either way, I'll write them here, and if someone could PLEASE give me a nudge, it would be GREATLY appreciated!


  1. The story I talked about a while ago, with the soldier, his son, and the shoelaces. It's one I'm leaning towards, but I have to write the story in 6-12 pages, 12 pt times new roman, double spaced and one inch margins. I don't want to rush the story into the parameters, but, I think this type of story will really show what I'm good at, as a writer, which is writing something tragic, realistic, and slightly angsty. 
  2. My second option is writing an excerpt of OB&H, to get feedback on if people would want this story as a book. The problem with that, though, is that no one really knows the plot of the story, and I don't want to write a scene that is important to the story because it won't be seen as important in context. It'll be seen an something part of something longer, therefore making it seem incomplete.
  3. My third option is to write something based on that 31 days challenge on LiveJournal. However, I'm not sure how that would come out and plus, it'd have to be original (no fanfiction allowed, sadly), so it might be harder for me to write.
So yeah, there's that. What I AM excited about is that, this year, for Halloween, I am going to read Angela Carter's "The Bloody Chamber". It's, in essence  Angela Carter's version of Fairy Tales. From the one story of this book that I've read so far, they're dark, with a great voice from the narrator, and it shows that Carter isn't trying to fill her stories with superfluous details, something I greatly appreciate. Me and my roommate ordered the book (because she also likes the story that I read from it) and they both arrived yesterday! So I'm saving it and reading it on Halloween. 

Maybe it'll help me write a belated Hey Arnold Halloween story. You see, there was this Hey Arnold Halloween contest, where the winner would receive a Hey Arnold book signed by Craig Bartlett. The deadline was yesterday and I, unfortunately missed it. Although I had an idea, everytime I set out to write it, I would get three paragraphs into the story then turn off word, because I never started the story good enough. But, it doesn't matter. ^_^ I hope whoever wins the contest has a great time with the book, since they deserved it. Of course, I'm rooting for Lyco and AngelBlood666 the most, but I guess I'm a little biased. I'm also rooting for Chopfe winning the Hey Arnold art contest.

Good Luck guys!!! I hope one of you wins!!!
 
And that's it for me! Whew! Remembering what I did in these past two weeks has been tough (mostly because my mind has been preoccupied on other things) but I promised an update and I hate breaking my promises! 

So Huzzah! :D

~DA1326

1 comment:

  1. Daw, thanks for the "good luck" but if Angelblood666 entered as well I'm certainly going to have steep competition. :D

    I vote for the soldier story since you have that the most planned out - with it still being complete as a One Shot.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Well, I'm not sure what to say. I'm a writer, and generally am creative. Sometimes, I can say something really wise, but most of the time, I'll say something not-so-wise. I have this somewhat random personality, but can be pretty interesting, or at least I've been told.