Sunday, October 21, 2012

Temporary Post from a Sorry but Happy Writer



Soooooooo obviously I didn’t post anything this past Friday night. Which may seem a bit strange to any and all of my readers. Mostly because I’m pretty punctual about updating (yup, all three times prior to this one). But honestly, I was busy this weekend.

Now, as you all know, I usually don’t talk about my personal life unless it affects my writing. Well, this time, as much as I want to keep it on the down-low, I’m gonna share why I couldn’t update until this very moment.

The truth is, I’m president of a club at my school and this club is part of a national organization, split up into six regions. I’m in region VI and this past weekend, all schools in region VI who are part of the national organization were to go to a conference. In Las Vegas, Nevada. Now, I did walk around the strip and see buildings, but I didn’t do much more than that. But I did have to travel all day Friday to get there, and got there around 7:30pm and was in the conference (which, mind you, had started by the time I got there) until around 11:30pm. On Saturday, I was doing conference stuff from 7:45am-7:30pm. After that, we (all the attendees) went to our rooms to get dressed in our “street clothes” and were driven to Fremont. We walked The Strip and got back to our housing location around 11:30pm.

Needless to say, I’ve been really really really busy this weekend, trying to figure out how to make my particular club better with all that I’ve learned in this conference. Today, I set out to travel again and am currently still traveling. But except now, I can access wifi.

Since I’ve been so busy last week, mostly preparing for this trip, and this week, because I have an upcoming midterm and paper, I may not give a cool, writing update ‘til this coming Friday night, when I am liberated. 

Sorry. 

~DA1326

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Well, I'm not sure what to say. I'm a writer, and generally am creative. Sometimes, I can say something really wise, but most of the time, I'll say something not-so-wise. I have this somewhat random personality, but can be pretty interesting, or at least I've been told.